The STOP, WALK, TALK strategy is a systematic program from the publication Bully Prevention in Positive Behavior Support, which teaches students how to deal with being bullied, bothered, teased, etc.
The STOP, WALK, TALK strategy is taught at all Coalinga Elementary Schools.
Why We Teach It
- To teach students how to stand up to behavior that they feel is offensive or not wanted
- To empower students
- To promote self-advocacy and self-determination
- To decrease bullying and bullying related issues in school
- To promote a more self-reliant, responsible and safe climate and atmosphere
- To create a positive school climate